McLaren Vale Primary School welcomes parent involvement and volunteers. There are many opportunities for volunteers to support programs at our school.
Your support is greatly appreciated and provides an excellent opportunity for parents to get to know other children and families within our school community.
How you can volunteer:
- help children with their reading and numeracy
- assist in the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program
- help with camps and excursions
- join our Governing Council
- help in the school library
- help with fundraising
Before volunteers start working at McLaren Vale Primary School, they need to:
- complete the volunteer application form
- attend a Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) session for volunteers
- complete a volunteer induction
Some volunteers are required to have a current DECD approved relevant history screening. This involves checking the person’s criminal history and any other relevant information that is lawfully available to the Screening unit.
Screening is not required for:
- parents or guardians who volunteer in an activity that involves their own child
- one-off guest appearances that are supervised by staff
- parents involved in one off events such as sports days, working bees
Screening is required for:
- parents or guardians attending overnight camps or school sleepovers
- those in close contact with students with disabilities
- volunteers where their own child is not involved in the activity